Sunday, December 17, 2017

Happy 28th Birthday to Nikolas, Tyler & Adam
Robyn with the birthday boys
This is what I wrote in my journal 28 years ago today:

12/17/89 Sunday

Robyn still has some dampness inn her panties . We took no chances and called Dr. Zarlingo who said it might be nothing, but might be her water breaking. He said to see 'if  it persists', and if it does to go to the hospital.

Mom and Dad Stahler had to leave because the Millers are coming in from Aspen - Grammy will need their support (both Millers & Stahlers) because she loved Aunt Jane so much.

Mom & Dad Wunderle come down during the 1st quarter of the Browns-Vikings game.I was supposed to go with Greg and Ted to the game, but decided since Robyn's water might me breaking not to to go.

Sara called and said since Robyn's fluid did not smell it probably was her amniotic fluid/ her water- so at 1/2 time Robyn and I decide that we would go to the hospital after the game. The Browns won in overtime 23-17 with a fake field goal, so we headed to Akron General . Left at 5:30 pm.

Since we had called Dr. Zarlingo first,they were ready for Robyn and took her to labor. They checked Robyn in the stirrups to see where her cervix was, and to see if her water broke. It was hard and very uncomfortable on Robyn, but the doctor got the job done.

The doctor left the room and ROBYN'S WATER BROKE. I called the nurse (named Sandy) back in and they put three heart monitors on Robyn.

The doctor came back in and said that they were going to admit Robyn but not take the babies unless infection or if Robyn went into heavy labor. Robyn very soon went into contractions-around 3 1/2  minutes - from beginning of contraction to the beginning of the next- apart.

The labor room doctor said she was waiting for Dr. Zarlingo and that because of the contractions they were going to take the babies by C-section.

They took Robyn away to give her a spinal and I had tot dress up to be in the room with her. Finally around 9:50 or so I was asked to come into the operating room. There was a tent over Robyn starting at the top of her chest. She only had feelings in her outstretched hands and head.

Dr. Zarlingo pulled our first baby boy out it it looked beautiful. It was blue and shiny and moving it's hands and feet as breath came into it. Then, Sean Nikolas started crying and both Robyn and I felt choked up and overjoyed.

Soon, Jacob Tyler- our largest- came out and then rambunctious Ryan Adam was born. They called me to see them (the room was really warm). I touched them and saw the individual medical teams from Children's Hospital look after them. I-satisfied that the babies were in great hands - went back to be with Robyn.

The last baby was born at 10:07 ( it sure didn't take long), but it took over an hour to sew her back up.( She had a cold & couldn't breath out of her nose and was thirsty.) 

While they were finishing sewing Robyn back up they brought Jacob Tyler in for Robyn to see. And then, Babies to Children's - Robyn to post-op.

Robyn fully awake in post-op rested while I got out my black book and made our phone calls. Everyone was overjoyed. - Robyn fought for every piece of ice she could get because her mouth was so dry. I showed her the Polaroids of Tyler and Adam (Nik was taken away before the camera).

Dad Wunderle and Greg dropped in around 1:00 am and waited with me until Robyn was put into her hospital room. We saw her looking more beautiful then I have ever saw her and she told me to go see our babies. Robyn I LOVE U.

Greg, Dad and I went to Children's and we saw Robyn and my babies. Greg VCRed it. We saw Tyler first, then Adam and then Nikolas.

Nik was the smallest 2 lb. 5 oz. 15" but needing no oxygen (and looking just like Robyn -full head of black hair.) Tyler was the biggest 3 lb. 8 1/2 oz. 17" long full head of black hair long everything arms-legs torso. And then Adam was the one that cried the most and was the most rambunctious 3 lb. 1 oz. 16 3/4 "  

At four a.m. Dad and I got home where overjoyed Mom gave us chili and Dad and I drank a beer and went to bed.


10 + 

No comments: